LS-DYNA V970 Revision 3858 (MPP only)
Filed under: release note
- Fixed problem of adaptive constraints missing from the dynain file when shared nodes are constrained.
- Corrected a Chemkin airbag error so that they should work even if they are not the last thing in the input file.
- Added "use_sflag" option to type 13 contact in 970 (was previously added in 960) to treat solid elements as if they were shells.
- Fixed deadlock while using type 9 contact.
- Added machine roundoff protection to prevent "creeping penetrations" from occurring in MPP contact.
- Fixed problem in contact initialization for SPH (MPP Only).
- Fixed contact remap problem in MPP for eroding contact which could lead to incorrect results or program hanging.
- Corrected mpp segment based surface to surface contact bug that could cause penetration to occur at decomposition boundaries. This problem existed from version 3613 until 3712.
- Corrected segment based contact bug that could cause a problem to hang during initialization.
- Added option for type 26 - beam to beam contact.
- Corrected error in segment based mpp contact that doubled the contact stiffness. This affect is subtle in most cases, but could cause energy growth and instability.
- Changed the behavior of type 3/5/10 contacts so the "only track 1 contact per node" logic is only active for METALFORMING contacts (type "m"). Previously this was active for any type 3/5/10 with thickness, which isn't quite the same thing.
- Fixed the interface force file to contain global contact ID's.
- Improvements to beam contact.
- Use user defined IDs for all diagnostic/informational outputs regarding contact interfaces.
- Fixed bug in "ignore" option for type 3/5/10 contact.
- Improved tolerance condition for "ignore" option in types 4/13/26 contact.
- Fixed error in the release condition for type 26 contact.
- Fixed a problem with type 13 and 26 contact bucketsorts when doing the initial penetration check.
- Added improved penetration tracking in type 3/5/10 contacts.
- Added option 960c13 to switch contact to 960 contact algorithm.
- Added proper check of
*CONTROL_MPPkeywords, and release condition fix for type 26 contact. Also backported 971 fix for redirection near sharp edges for type a13/26 contacts.
- Increased tied interface searching distance for type b7, c7, and s7 tied interfaces.
- Added surface energy density option for interface forces file.
- Fixed deadlock in case of writing rbdout LSDA file when not all processors have rigid bodies.
- By default, write binary output to dbout.* and binout to reduce the confusion.
- Corrected global airbag ids in abstat
- Added code to notify the user about which binout files are being created, and which data is in which one. This is for MPP only -- in non-MPP case there is always only 1 file, and so there really isn't any confusion.
- Fixed problem of MPP not summing material energies before putting them out to the D3PLOT file.
- Fixed external work calculation.
- Added corrections for ALE coupling, ileak=2.
- Added support for leakage control of ALE coupling energy compensation method.
- Fixed problem of point source for gas mixture.
- Corrected error with in Eulerian/ALE solution when using a model with both solid and thick shell elements.
- Added option to suppress the output for beam failure.
- Fixed reporting of nodal rigid body mass in d3hsp file.
- Enabled full deck restart with solid element types 3, 4, and the 10 node tet, 16.
- Fixed an initialization related bug in MPP full deck restart.
- Fixed a problem doing full deck restart with types 4 and 13 contact interfaces.
- Fixed minor problem for cost estimation in decomposition.
- Corrected uninitialized variable during MPP phase 3 that caused a memory allocation to fail.
- Fixed free-format input parsing bug for
- Add code to synchronize any "pfile" type data entered through a keyword input file. (previously only processor 0 had this data, causing synchronization problems/hanging).
- Fixed free-format input parsing bug for
CONTROL_MPP_DECOMPOSITION_TRANSFORMATION. Seems to have been OK on most systems.
- Fixed bug for interface linking option (
- Fixed problem that could cause rotational velocities to become unstable in tie-breaking interfaces that used "interface for component analysis"
- Fixed Madymo job termination error.
- Fixed cpu time limit option error.
*INITIAL_STRESSwith NHISV problem. surfaces for their master side.
- Fixed precision problem for geometric contact entities.
- Added support for relative damping.
- Fixed error if the input is earlier than 93.
- Fixed the shared nodes force calculation for geometric contact entity.
- Fixed job termination after deleted massless 2-nodes rigid body.
- Fixed memory shortage that would only show up in very small problems, causing some test problems to abort.
- Fixed problem of some
*CONTROL_MPPkeywords not being properly recognized.
- Fixed memory allocation error with rigid body switching.